- Computer and processor: A Mac computer with an Intel processor
- Memory: 4 GB of RAM
- Hard disk: 6 GB of available hard disk space. HFS+ hard disk format (also known as macOS Extended or HFS Plus)
- Display: 1280 x 800 or higher resolution monitor. Web apps require the same minimum resolution as the OS they are running on.
Minimum resolution assumes zoom, DPI settings, and text scaling are set at 100%. If not set to 100%, the minimum resolution should be scaled accordingly. For example, if you set the Windows display ‘Scale and layout’ setting on your Surface Book, which has a 3000x2000 physical display, to 200%, then Office would see a logical screen resolution of 1500x1000, meeting the minimum 1280x768 requirement.
- Graphics: Graphics hardware acceleration requires a DirectX 10 graphics card.
- Operating system: macOS 10.12 up to macOS 12.
- Browser: The current version of Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Safari, Chrome, or Firefox. Get more details.
- Installation requires a connection to the internet, a local area network (if installing over a network), or a DVD drive.
- Internet functionality requires an internet connection. Fees may apply.
- Access to files stored on a SharePoint server requires connectivity to Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 or later.
- Exchange support in Outlook requires connectivity to Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2 or later OR Microsoft 365 for business.
- Coauthoring requires SharePoint Server 2010 or a Microsoft account.
- Certain online features require a Microsoft account.